My First Marketing Assignment

why am I enrolled in marketing? I enrolled in this marketing class because I am taking a wide variety of business classes to figure out what I want to focus on.

 At linn benton I am a transfer degree student, however when I transfer to a four year school I will be a business major. I have not decided what area of business I want to focus on.

I am most interested in learning about how to make a product or brand stick with the average American. Marketing is an interesting subject to me and I am excited to learn more about this subject.

Outside of school I love to play baseball. I play for Linn Benton and that is what brought me to Albany.

Part Two:

        The article I read was titled "Trump bashes Amazon for a fourth time in a week, claiming the post office loses 'massive amounts' serving the internet retailer."  This article caught my eye because I find it interesting that our president chose to address this issue on twitter four times in one week. President Trump took to twitter to assert that "Amazon's business is costing taxpayers "many billions of dollars" through subsidized rates at the United States Post Office" (CNBC). Due to subsidies given out by the government, Amazon recieves a cheaper rate on shipping. This could be seen as an issue because Amazon is the worlds 3rd largest retailer and ranks 83rd out of forbes top 2000 most powerful public companies. Towards the end of the article CNBC adresses Trumps other issue with Amazon. Amazon chooses not to collect state and local taxes from its 3rd party partners. Trump claims this has caused "thousands" of companies to go out of business. Amazon uses the slogan “Our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.” 

       Amazons marketing team had to do some crisis management. However, they have decided the best approach is to shrug off the comments made by the president and keep doing thier thing. I think that amazon is not wrong for choosing to not reply since the comments have hardly affected them. However, I personally would have chose to respond to clear the air. Even though they are such a big company, I think the president's comments towards the company has a chance of ruining thier reputation with his hardcore supporters.  I do believe that not responding was a good route to go down tho. I think this because the president is likely to fire back at Amazon. This article taught me that sometimes, the best thing to do is nothing. Responding to comments may just blow up into a big deal. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/03/amazon-shares-turn-negative-after-trump-bashes-company-for-a-fourth-time-in-a-week.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Case Study: Wendy's v.s McDonalds